September 17, 2012

Hard At Work or Hardly Working

Wow, it has been a while since I last blogged.  Although I'm sure lots of interesting things have happened that you are all dying to know about.... blogging hasn't been on the top of my priority list.  However, I have been getting my backside into gear and have done some fun projects that I wanted to record.  We'll start off with the quilt.
 Yup, this one.  Talk about a LOT of work!  I saw this picture and couldn't help but want to make one of my own.  I had my own ideas of colors and what I wanted, but then I went to the fabric store.  Holy land of fabric!  I wandered around in this place for at least an hour before even starting to pull out the fabric I decided to use.
When the lady who works there asked if she could help, I told her that my ideas disappeared once I walked in the door.  She informed me that it happens ALL the time.  No surprise there!  
Isn't the fabric so fun?  I absolutely fell in love with the little turtles. I'm planning on making a puff turtle softie to go with it too.  Hopefully before Charli's birthday, but we'll see about that.  Now, although I am a pretty crazy seamstress who doesn't like to use patterns..... I did read through the instructions on Awaiting Ada first before attempting my own way.  Not that it was much different as there are only so many ways to puff a quilt.

Coming up next: Travel Prep.

No comments:

Post a Comment