September 30, 2012

Seagreen!!!

My favorite color is seagreen.  And lucky for me, it's come into style!  Hopefully I won't get sick of it being everywhere though...  I have been dying to figure out a way to bring some of this color into our home, and since we are only renting currently, I can't exactly paint walls with it.  Then I came across this on Pinterest (go figure).

Martha Stewart strikes again!  I loved this idea, and I decided to do my own version in a somewhat less permanent way.  And with my favorite color too!

Sorry the picture is pretty bad, but you can get the general idea.  I made the frame and added some edging to make it look a bit better and attached an mdf board to the back.  I painted the board and frame initially with magnetic primer and then used paint and grout to make it a chalkboard as well.  You can see the dates written in much better in person, but I'll probably use a different colored chalk or make magnetic numbers just so it does show up better.  Cool huh?  And now I have a bit of my favorite color in my house and it can travel with me wherever we may move. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment