June 23, 2010

The Lime Light

He's almost done!!!!  Wahoo!!!  My hard-working husband just finished his second to last semester of school!  The amazing thing is, he managed to do this while working full-time, working on a contract job after hours, and doing all the cooking/cleaning/shopping/laundry/etc. while I couldn't.  Can you say my own personal Superman?  Now he only has two classes left to finish and he'll have that lovely piece of paper that says he knows what he's been doing for the past....oh.... 7-8 years or so.  Let's just hope that having this baby a month before the end of the semester won't cause too many problems!
We're so excited as this opens quite a few more doors, especially in finding a good job back in the US.  Sometimes (and by this I mean most/all of the time) I think the corporate mumbo jumbo about hiring people with a degree but not those with actual experience and no degree is ridiculous.  If you have your degree, they complain you don't have the experience (how on earth are you supposed to get that if they won't give you a chance?!?!), but if you don't have the degree and have loads of experience, they turn you aside just as quickly.  Oh the power of that piece of paper.
Second reason I'm excited.... TIME WITH MY HUBS!  As you can probably imagine, Superman doesn't have much free time to spend with his wonderful, magnificent, marvellous, mad mad mad mad, *cough* wife.  Especially when her bedtime sneaks up mighty fast every night.  So, with me being able to do a lot more with maintaining our house life, and him not having to work on homework (and hopefully contract work as "typically" you can get a higher paying job with a degree), I might actually get to spend time with him after the standard work day!  Either that or take a nap and let him watch the baby..... ;)  Either works for me!
........................................And done bragging.
An unfortunate side tangent to the school semester just finishing, I'm taking a short vacation back home!  Okay, let me 'splain.  No no, let me sum up.  Blake has no school, aka some free time, and I'm leaving until the Friday before the next semester begins.  Say it with me..... Bad timing...  However, I am very excited to get some good family/friend social time!  It will have been just over a year since I've seen any of them (except Matt) and will be a nice break for me.  Let's just hope the energy levels don't drop off the face of the earth, eh? :)  So, for the next two weeks (where did that time go?!), quality time with the husband, making and freezing meatloaf (the only request he's had so far), creating patterns and figuring out fabric amounts (much cheaper in the US), and making sure Primary can run smoothly while I'm gone.  I'm so excited *dancing* and I just can't hide it.
And a sneak peak for all of you who will be seeing me in the not too distant future...... and everyone else who cares.....
This is what you're getting! Bwahahahahahaha

Oh, and this too.
Yay for 23 weeks gone!

*Btw, how many movies did you catch? :) *

4 comments:

  1. Wooooo! Go Blake and yay for good jobs and MORE TIME to hang out with each other!! AND, are you going to be in Logan at all?? (I think you said you were...) I can not wait!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were they just movies? I caught princess bride..and a song. I Can't find any others...ha! I totally agree with the degree thing. what a load of crap eh? Ridiculous! but I'm super excited to see your face! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't catch any movies til you said that...lame. Oh, and I decided that you look kind of like Kristen Stewart...except without the perma-ornery face!

    Girls night while you're here?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And my buder Daveed wins!!! He actually found more movies than I had realized I put in. However, for those of you who might be remotely curious....
    'mumbo jumbo' - The Saint
    'magnificent, marvelous, mad mad mad mad' - Sword in the Stone
    'works for me' - Muppets from Space
    'let me splain, no no let me sum up' - Princess Bride
    'Bad timing' - 3 Musketeers
    'I'm so excited *dancing* and I just can't hide it' - Transformers 2 (it's Bumblebee)

    Do I need a day job?....... :)

    ReplyDelete