April 11, 2010

Celebrate The Good Days

In a French accent singing, "Those unsick days, where have zey gone?  Where diiii...........iiiiiiiid zey go?  Eh bien, eat your crackers, for some unsick days......."

Okay, so it's not really 7-years-of-famine depressing, but a good day would sure be nice!  For those who haven't heard, yes, I am pregnant!  So far, I'm at 12 1/2 weeks (due October 21st), but unfortunately no let up from the quote/unquote morning sickness quite yet.  We're hoping for it to pass here quickly though.  Blake has been amazing through it all and has taken over the kitchen duties so I won't get sick more often than necessary.  Something about smells........?..... ;)

We are getting more and more excited as the threat of miscarriage lessens with time and get to tell more and more people the fun news.  It will be Blake's family's first baby and so far the only other kids in his extended family are his cousin Jodi's.  She has 2 1/2 boys, so if we happen to have a girl, I think she'll be pretty spoiled from all around.  If we have a boy, he'd get pretty spoiled from my side of the family as we have only had our special angel Solomon for a short time and no other boys.

As we have been asked by quite a few people that have found out, we have picked out some names, and I think the only thing that may change them is if we meet the baby and find it doesn't quite fit.  However, the plan is: Boy - Mark Lyle, Girl - Charlotte Marie (aka Charli).  We both have an idea of what our Baby Sprout will be, but to make things fair, we'll let you vote as well.  Upper right hand corner if you will.

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you're so sick! I really hope it ends soon! but it will be worth it in the end :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote BOY, but only because I want as many playmates for Z as possible! If you ever move back to the states that is...pooh

    CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for updating the blog!!! And CONGRATULATIONS!!! Totally excited for you!! My vote goes with girl...it seems like most people I know right now are having boys...I'm thinkin' Nat started a new trend with girls though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep. I'm totally voting for a girl. But only because I'm obviously good at making them. ;) I'm also voting for he/she to make an appearance on my birthday (it's a good day).

    And, by the way, I really need to post another belly pic. I'm not that small. That picture was deceiving, I'm afraid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charli!!! Oh man, SO cute! You're going to be a fantastic mom! Good luck with the morning sickness as well :( That doesn't sound too fun...but having a BABY does :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! I'm not going to vote as I found that I didn't know what I was doing when they told us what Erick and I were having! I loved the results - it didn't really matter and our name changed the minute they told us what we were having. I'm sorry you have had morning sickness. Mine was worse at night and it got better after the 3rd month. I love the 2nd trimester because I felt better, I knew what we were having and we started doing the planning - definitely more of a real experience then. Again, congrats - we're so happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete