July 1, 2009

One Month Down......Looking Forward to Eternity

We made it! So, the 1 month mark isn't all THAT impressive, but it has been a great learning experience for both of us.

Things Blake has learned about me and our marriage:
  • "Dont ever ever ever ever tell you what to do; just suggest it gently."
  • "You love the color red." (something I didn't realize actually)
  • "I can almost read your mind now at what I've forgotten to pick up or clean up. All you do is have to glare and I look at the floor for what I've dropped."
  • "I gota be careful about mentioning the words 'Video games'."
  • "I've learn't no matter what I do, you can snuggle next to me in bed and tell me you love me no matter what I've done."
  • "You can surprise me and get me excited like a little fat kid with candy with CUP CAKES!!"
  • "It was worth the wait, all that time apart was definitely worth it."
Things I have learned about Blake and our marriage:
  • He can tell when I'm stressed and tries to do something helpful for me.
  • Hanging up the towel after a shower will take some time to learn.
  • There will be facial hairs in or surrounding the sink at any given time.
  • I will always get a kiss when he leaves and when he comes back.
  • We can go to bed early some nights and stay up till 1:30 talking on others.
  • He will love me even when I get sick or grouchy.
  • He's simple to please. Just buy him a cupcake. :)
  • We work well together in finances, cooking, cleaning, etc.
To celebrate, we went to Hogs Breath for dinner (great steak for me and a huge burger for him) and I bought him a cupcake for dessert. Notice how his was almost gone before I could take a picture? :)



3 comments:

  1. Yay! I miss the days of counting the months...we should go back to that! Enjoy every second because before you know it you'll blink and two years will have passed with you wondering where it went!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that month went by fast....we've been married for a year and a month! wowza!!! I'm glad you guys still love each other!! Marriage is the best:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! :) Jewls is right though...that kenny chesney song "don't blink" is totally true! :) Cherish the time you guys have together, cuz for some reason, it never seems long enough.

    ReplyDelete