February 10, 2011

Perfect Afternoon

What is your recipe for a perfect afternoon?  Is it being out with friends, hiking up a mountain or other such nature loving adventure, inside with a book?  I've had a lot of really great afternoons, but it has been a while since the last one.  Then, almost out of nowhere, I had a completely peaceful, perfect afternoon.  We have been rearranging/decorating/cleaning to sell our place and have therefore created a great place to live.  Doesn't that always happen?  Why do we always do this to ourselves?  We rarely upgrade our homes for ourselves and only do it for others to enjoy.  I almost hope we don't sell immediately so we can enjoy this for a while, but having room for a crib would sure be handy.  But back to why I had a perfect afternoon...  My baby was peacefully sleeping, there was a nice breeze and perfect temperature, it had just hit the golden light of the afternoon, everything was clean, and I didn't have anything I had to get done.  Just sitting on the couch, I was completely at peace.  I really believe there is a lot to say about feng shui in a home.  I don't think we have it perfect, but it is worlds better than any previous arrangement.  What do you think?




Think we've done alright?  Especially for those of you who have seen it, it's worlds different isn't it.  So, although I wasn't out doing anything, it was great to have a peaceful afternoon to r&r and find a balance again.

And for closing pictures, I found these on my camera...

The day of labor

14 weeks and a couple days later

I like her much better out of my belly.  Especially when she sees me after a nap and gets super excited with smiles and lots of kicking.  Love my baby.

1 comment: