September 24, 2009

Crap, I Always Thought 24 Year Olds Were.... Well.... OLD!

I have reached the point in my life where the age now goes backwards; until you reach 20 and then you bounce back up again.... At least I think that's how it goes anyway. But, although I now officially feel old, I had a pretty good birthday. My hubby is good with always wanting to do the best possible to make me happy. We didn't have much fun money this month though, so it was pretty simple.
Saturday night we went to his mum's and had dinner and ate strawberry cheesecake with strawberry topping. Not quite as good as cheesecake factory, but it was still good. We also got to celebrate with Bree who is now engaged! Yay! They'll be getting hitched at the beginning of next year.
His mum also wanted to get me something, so after much hidden discussion with Blake, I got a Clive Cussler book, Spartan Gold (yes written with someone else, but still really good), 3 blocks of smelly soap (honeysuckle and the like), a small wall/door hanging that says Family is Forever, and a $30 gift certificate to Spotlight (the fabric store/bed bath and beyond).

The party singin-Brandon, Me, Bree, Xander, Kim, Alicia, and Blake behind the camera.

The pie- the year I used up all the candles in the pack.

Me opening my gifts from the family. He took forever taking the picture, hence the "you take it yet?" face.

On Monday, Blake gave me his present at lunch. It was a super cute jacket that we keep passing but never buying. I'm still in the debate of whether to go see if they might still have one size smaller or keep the current one as it still fits, just slightly loose.
I didn't really feel very Happy Birthdayish, so I went and bought some crepe paper streamers and balloons and a table cloth. Made the apartment kinda fun for a while.


After Blake changed out of his work clothes, we went to my favorite fast food joint, Noodle Box. It's pretty much just lots of different kinds of lo mein. The small box is enough to fill you up! Then we went to see UP. It didn't come out till the beginning of the month down here, so after hearing everyone else rave about it, I wanted to see it too. It's definitely a cute movie and made for a fun birthday evening.
Thanks for all the well wishes!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! It's amazing I can see your post at all since according to you I'm pretty much old as dirt. :) Guess we'll see how you feel next year when there aren't enough candles in the package!
    If you get depressed, just remember that you aren't even old enough to rent a car until you're 25!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Jess! Hope it was a great one...and 24 is NOT old...you still have 6 years before you're "old" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great birthday! And hey, I'm right behind you in the old department. :) And just in case you're feeling old at times, just remember blake will always be older! ;) Love you guy!

    ReplyDelete